Background Image for Header:
WVU Real Estate provides real property transaction services by coordinating all purchases, sales, and leasing of properties and facilities on behalf of West Virginia University and the West Virginia University Research Corporation. The services provided by this office are:
- Property acquisition and disposition
- Community liaison regarding property development
- Easements and rights of way
- Appraisals and property surveys
We support the University’s
mission by overseeing the management of all real estate matters and activities
relative to the University, regional campuses and associated entities,
including WVU Research Corporation. WVU Real Estate locates, contracts, purchases
and manages real property that supports the University’s mission, improves
campus boundaries for long-term development and provides financial support for
institutional operations. To further support the University’s mission, Real
Estate’s objectives include, without limitation:
- Improving instruction, research and service through the efficient and effective use of real property.
- Generating revenue through strategic real estate holdings and leasing activities.
- Managing University’s real property.
- Leasing on behalf of the University and WVU Research Corporation.
- Expanding the campus and its boundaries through long-term development acquisitions.
- Working with community officials and developers.