Short Term Lease Creation
When space rental is necessary on a short-term basis, prior approval may be required based on the following criteria, and is requested by completion and submission of a REQUEST FOR TEMPORARY SPACE FORM. Requirements for use of this process are:
- The term (usage period) cannot exceed one year, and
- The cost cannot exceed $2,000 over the current fiscal year.
- If your need exceeds these qualifications, refer to the “Long Term Lease Creation” process.
Prior approval and form completion is NOT required for short-term space rentals meeting all of the following criteria:
- Uses that are not office or storage
- Uses that are for a duration of less than six months
- Uses that will cost less than $2,000 and
- Uses that do not require an owner’s contract signature.
If your rental use meets these criteria, a Request for Temporary Space form is not required, space may be rented and paid by invoice or P-card without any leasing instrument or Real Estate Services required.